WHAT IS YOGA, AND WHY IS IT SO POPULAR?
Yoga is a series of stretches and poses that you do with breathing techniques. It offers the powerful benefits of exercise. And since yoga is gentle, almost anyone can do it, regardless of your age or fitness level.
BENEFITS OF YOGA
Yoga can help you:
- Reduce your risk for injury. Each yoga pose targets specific muscles. This helps you increase your flexibility and reduce your risk for injury.
- Reduce stress. Yoga can help soothe the mind and lower stress levels. It does this by focusing the mind on the moment and the movements.
- Increase your concentration. A main part of yoga is rhythmic, focused breathing. This can help you focus.
- Understand the mind and body connection. Yoga requires you to focus all your energy on each movement or pose exactly. This can help you feel the mind and body work together.
- Improve balance and stability. Balancing poses require you to use your core muscles. This can help you improve your overall stability.
- Improve posture. Yoga poses strengthen and open tight areas of the body like the shoulders and muscles of the upper back. This can help you keep good posture.
- Develop body awareness. Yoga requires you to contract or relax specific muscles as you stretch into each pose. This can help you become more aware of your body’s strengths and weaknesses.
Time is spent breaking down Sun Salutations and other poses fundamental to the Vinyasa practice. We will focus on linking conscious breath with a mindful flow. We will be flowing 10 times.
The Course will be held on sundays 18.9 – 20.11.2016 at 15-16 at the Stadi Fit Health Centre (Bulevardi 54) lead by our RYT-200 Yoga teacher Elina Gustafsson